Addiction to Street Drugs and Medical Drugs
Street Drugs – Drug Abuse Intervention
(Trouble Getting off Medical Drugs – see lower on this page)
Drug Abuse Intervention Many addicts go through one rehab program after another only to relapse time and again. Is there a real solution? Finally, there’s a way to help people who have a drug problem and it really works!
The First Step Program
• The person tries to escape some physical or emotional pain by taking drugs.
• The person finds that drugs offer temporary relief so continues to use them.
• Cells in the body become accustomed to large amounts of dug metabolites (a broken down form of the drug).
• When one tries to quit, cells in the body that have become accustomed to such large amounts of metabolites are now forced to deal with much decreased amounts.
• The body perceives that it needs the drug to function and demands the drug through physical cravings.
• With continued use of the drug, the body’s inability to completely eliminate all traces of the drug metabolites diminishes. The metabolites that remain are stored in the fatty tissues and these, released, cause cravings.
• Cravings become so severe that the addict will do almost anything (in many cases abandoning all previous moral teachings) to get more of the drug.
• The addict commits misdeeds against family, friends and self to satisfy these unrelenting cravings.
• Because of these misdeeds, the addicts cannot face themselves and dive deeper into drugs.
• They are now entrapped in full blown addiction, with two aspects of the condition. The biophysical condition and the biochemical personality. NARCONON addresses The Biochemical Side and the reasons why a person became addicted in the first place.
Handling The Biochemical Side Of Addiction
Read More… About Drug programs
Some of the common drugs prescribed Xanax, Cymbalta, as well as the anti-depressants and sleep drugs are difficult to get off of. There is a program that will help by giving natural supplements to alleviate the withdrawal symptoms while slowly tapering off the drug.
You can get off these drugs and can get onto natural handlings of whatever problem the drug was given to you for.
See How to Withdraw from Psychiatric Drugs
Psychiatric Drug Side Effects -Click to go to a database on these side effects.
Email Us if you have questions on the program.
If you would like to receive the MCVitamins.com Weekly Newsletter, Please Sign up by clicking here: Newsletter Signup
© 2000-2019 MCVitamins.com
. All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of this website in full or in part is prohibited without the express written permission of MCVitamins,com
We have used our best judgment in compiling this information. The Food and Drug Administration may not have evaluated the information presented. Any reference to a specific product is for your information only and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.