Eat for your health, not for your taste buds.
That is true in general and also for your teeth and gums.
From research done on the de-mineralization of the teeth and unhealthy gums.
From Dr. Axe “How to Reverse Cavities Naturally and Heal Tooth Decay”. The below incorporates the successes of two other doctors as well and comes from Dr. Weston Price, Dentist Pioneer in dental health.
Make your Diet:
- Rich in animal foods like meat, fish and eggs and bone broth from pasture fed animals.
- Eat wild fish (not farm-raised), fish eggs and shellfish from unpolluted waters.
- Full-Fat dairy products (if tolerated) from pasture-fed cows, preferably raw cheeses and fresh and sour cream. Raw dairy such as raw milk, whole yogurt, kefir, cheese and grass-fed cultured butter
- Use animal fats, such as lard, tallow, egg yolks cream and butter liberally.
- Eat fresh fruit and raw and steamed vegetables preferably organic especially green leafy vegetables.
- Limited amount of fruit one piece daily early in day. No refined sweets.
- High vitamin D – get plenty of sunshine and days not in sun supplement with 5,000 IU daily of D3.
- Foods high in healthy fat like coconut oil, avocado, olives and fish or fermented cod liver oil. Use only traditional vegetable oils – extra virgin olive oil, expeller-expressed sesame oil, small amounts of expeller-expressed flax oil and the tropical oils – coconut oil, palm oil and palm kernel oil.
- Fermented grains only and in moderation such as true sourdough bread (should not list lactic acid) No unfermented grains such as oatmeal, breakfast cereal, crackers, etc. etc. Even better no grains at all.
- Nuts, seeds and beans only in moderation that have been sprouted to neutralize phytic acid, enzyme inhibitors and other anti-nutrients.
- Eat whole, unprocessed foods, NO processed food, packaged food or fast food.
- Take cod liver oil regularly to provide at least 10,000 IU vitamin A and 1000 IU vitamin D per day.
- Prepare homemade stocks from the bones of chicken, beef, lamb and fish and use liberally in soups, stews, and sauces.
- Use filtered water for cooking and drinking.
- Use unrefined salt and a variety of herbs and spices for food interest and appetite stimulation
- Make you own salad dressing using raw vinegar, extra virgin olive oil and a small amount of expeller-expressed flax oil.
- Use traditional sweeteners in moderation.
- Cook only in stainless steel, cast iron, glass or good quality enamel.
- Use only natural, food-based supplements (whole food vitamins)
- Get plenty of sleep, exercise and natural light. .
Here is to a healthier mouth, gums and reversed decay.
For Paleo on the Go Bone Broth
See Dental Health
Taken from Dr. Axe & others
If you would like to receive the McVitamins.com Weekly Newsletter, Please Sign up by clicking here: Newsletter Signup
© 2000-2017 McVitamins.com
. All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of this website in full or in part is prohibited without the express written permission of McVitamins.com
We have used our best judgment in compiling this information. The Food and Drug Administration may not have evaluated the information presented. Any reference to a specific product is for your information only and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
vent any disease